<davidmaxwaterman+googlegro...@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

>     At the moment, it seems we can only see a diff which isn't
very useful
>     if you're trying to understand the code as a whole.
>

> Actually, the merge requests are stored as branches in the
target repository, so you could check out that branch locally and
view the file locally.

> The merge request page has an information box displaying the
URL for this branch, try pulling that into a local branch and
you're good to go.
Well, yeah, but that's hardly useful for reviewing. Some people
have started to use review board instead
<http://www.reviewboard.org/> since it's much more useful. I
suggest using that instead, or implementing something similar.