On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Renato Isidio <renato...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm planning to put more servers to balance requisitions to git-
> daemon. Do I have to install gitorious and git on the other server and
> point its repository to the same path on a remote filer? Is this
> right?

I'm don't think I can picture the exact architecture you're planning, but
generally the one thing that currently cannot be moved across multiple
machines is the actual Git repositories. The web app needs disk level access
to the repositories, so currently the app server and the repositories need
to be on the same machine. The Git/SSH traffic could easily be proxied to
other boxen from a front end server, although Gitorious currently does not
have a notion of different machines, just the location of the repositories
on disk.

The good news is that this is something we need to change for gitorious.org,
and pretty soon too. We've started the work and aim to complete it in Q1
2011.

Cheers,
- Marius