I merged in the "mainline" gitorious into my "bluequartz" clone. I'll see if that fixes the problems. Thanks for the heads up.

Mike Jackson

On Nov 15, 2010, at 5:40 AM, Marius Mårnes Mathiesen wrote:

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Michael Jackson <imikejack...@gmail.com > wrote: I have been fighting this problem for a while now. Every once in a while I get the following error:

An exception occured in #<PushEventProcessor:0xb5cfed14
ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid: Mysql::Error: MySQL server has gone away: INSERT INTO `events`

I have added some ruby code as suggested by some google searches but I still get this error.

Mike,
We used to have this issue, but PushEventProcessor's on_message method calls verify_connections! which should ensure that the connections are open. Are you running the latest version of Gitorious?

Cheers,
- Marius