On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM, rendered <ga...@rendered.co.za> wrote:
> Is it possible to run Gitorious on Windows - been googling but haven't
> found any guides :(  Please can someone help?

Hi,
While it should be possible to run parts of Gitorious under Windows,
there are parts that will not run easily on Windows; for instance I
don't know of an SSH server that runs on Windows, and this is a
requirement for being able to push to Gitorious.

One thing that should be possible is to run Gitorious under JRuby and
use eg. Apache Mina for the SSH daemon, but this would require both
some patching of Gitorious's dependencies to run under JRuby and
building things like an SSH daemon in java/JRuby.

If you're looking for something you can use with a reasonable amount
of work and you need to run it on a Windows host, I suggest running a
virtual machine for Gitorious on the Windows host.

Cheers,
- Marius