On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Jacob Refstrup
<jacob.refst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install gitorious on Mac OS X following the
> instructions from here:
> http://www.bluequartz.net/projects/ElectronicImaging/SCMService/html/gitorious___o_s_x__setup.html
>
> When trying to do the db:migrate step I run into an issue:
>
> bash-3.2$ rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=production --trace
> (in /Library/WebServer/myserver.org/gitorious)
> ** Invoke db:migrate (first_time)
> ** Invoke environment (first_time)
> ** Execute environment
> rake aborted!
> undefined local variable or method `version_requirements' for
> #<Rails::GemDependency:0x101935c90>

Jacob,
This is due to the Rails version bundled with Gitorious depending on
an older version of rubygems.

Christian has updated his article with some notes on how to handle this:

http://cjohansen.no/en/ruby/setting_up_gitorious_on_your_own_server#toc52631_11_3

Cheers,
- Marius