On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Agron Selimaj <as9902...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to download
> http://gitorious.org/opensuse/kernel/archive-tarball/openSUSE-11.3
> but I can't. The file is initially reported as 85MB but stops at about
> 21MB.
>
> I tried it with wget and with FireFox.
>
> Then, I also wanted to somehow force getting the rest of the file but
> I can't. I used:
>
> wget -c http://gitorious.org/opensuse/kernel/archive-tarball/openSUSE-11.3
>
> This at the beginning gives me "202 Accepted" for the first 13 retries
> and later "206 Patial content"
>

> Please help.
>
> P.S. I am trying this method of downloading the tar.gz file since
> using "git clone git://gitorious.org/opensuse/kernel" has been failing
> for the last 4 days, since Friday (25 Feb. 2011).

I started with this, since it seems to be the root cause here. The
repository was in need of a repack, it had grown quite a lot. I just did a
repack on the repository, and it should work better now, even over git://.
What you have been experience may be a timeout from the proxy we're running
in front of our git-daemon processes; this will time out if the server takes
more than 90 seconds to complete a request.

It seems to work fine now, at least from my computer. If you're still having
problems, please send an email to support at gitorious.org, and we'll help
you there.

Cheers,
- Marius