On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Sushu Zhang <sushu.zhang...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,

Hi!

> I am new to Gitorious, but I feel the Gitorious is quite useful! I saw
> in a link that said the PowerTop 2 on Android has been released on
> Gitorious. So, I tried to download from it. This is the steps I have
> tried:
>
> git clone git://gitorious.tl.intel.com/pnp_dungeon/powertop2_android.git

This is an Intel-internal Gitorious installation, so people outside of Intel
probably won't be able to follow your steps here.

> git submodule update  --- from here I got a fatal error saying:
> reference is not a tree. Unable to checkout
> '6d53a095801ae2159f115c122af657a........' in submodule path
> 'powertop2'

Since we're unable to follow you here, it's very limited what help we can
offer. What may have happened is that the author forgot to push his changes
to the repository referenced in the submodule. You could try cloning the
referenced repository to see if the referenced commit is in there.

Cheers,
- Marius