On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 2:09 AM, Tizzy <tz3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone help me with this? I'm trying to get Gitorious running on a
> server. So far so good, until I get to the part where I have to run
> all the services. Specifically, when I have to do:
>
> sudo env RAILS_ENV=production /etc/init.d/git-daemon start

Tizzy,
Could it be you have several versions of Ruby (and rubygems) installed on
your system? Does running `sudo gem list daemons` display the daemons gem?

Another thing: I would recommend that the /etc/init.d/git-daemon doesn't
require you to pass along any custom environment variables  (RAILS_ENV); it
should rather set this itself so it's passed along to the script called from
it.

We should probably update the script/git-daemon script to work with Bundler,
which is the way Gitorious handles requirements now...

Cheers,
- Marius