Christian, it is not finished yet, but I won't have time soon to clean it up (hope to do that on next weekend).

If you are curious, take a look at my branch "devise-openid".

Some tests are failing because I removed what I think is a redundant line in User model:

validates_presence_of :login, :email, :if => :password_required? # <- removed that line validates_format_of :login, :with => /^#{USERNAME_FORMAT_ON_CREATE}$/i, :on => :create validates_format_of :login, :with => /^#{USERNAME_FORMAT}$/i, :on => :update
   validates_format_of       :email, :with => Email::FORMAT
   validates_length_of       :login,    :within => 3..40
   validates_length_of       :email,    :within => 3..100

I removed the first line because the other validations will already make it sure that login and e-mail should be present since they don't add options like allow_nil and allow_blank.

I think those tests should be fixed instead...

There are other OpenID related tests that should be fixed (validation for valid URL) or removed.

Tip: don't try to read each commit separately as I tried one solution and than changed to another one. Just do a diff between the first commit changing to Devise (with a single failing test) and the last one...

Hope you like it ;)