Hi.

Interested user only, no idea what my word's worth here.. ;-)

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas
<rr.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then, I would like to start a discussion of a feature I always missed in
> Gitorious. That discussion is also in alignment with the recent concerns
> about Gitorious versioning.
>
> Mailing list are ineffective as an issue tracking system and Gitorious
> definitely needs an issue tracking system.

Hell, yes.

> So, I'd like to suggest that we created a chiliproject.gitorious.org or
> issues.gitorious.org for managing Gitorious issues, versioning and roadmap.
>
> Of course that, being a separate application, it would only apply to
> Gitorious itself and not for projects hosted in Gitorious.org, but that is a
> start already. We can include this integrated issue tracking system per
> Gitorious project in some roadmap.

I'd welcome to see this. First, just as a central place to learn about
the current status of gitorious:
- We, the users, can see the roadmap, can track issues and see what's
fixed in which version/tag
- You, external contributors, can manage their spare time work much
more effectively

Of course, integrating a decent issue tracking system into gitorious
(in the future) would be awesome as well. Internally in my company
we're currently deploying gitorious and redmine, but so far gitorious
is mostly used to search for code/administrate repositories, while
redmine gets the heavy traffic (and is integrated via post-commit
hooks to update tickets from commit messages etc). So - I'm currently
torn about integrating redmine. Looking at user stories, you'd end up
stuffing the tool that 'does more' (for the enduser, at least) into
the slimmer/leaner one.

But for now, to have a better gitorious project status page: Great
idea in my tiny world.

Ben