Hi Ed,

As Rodrigo says, we are almost finished with HTTP push. The missing piece is
the hooks - JGit (which is used in our new Git HTTP server) does not execute
the hook shell scripts, so we are refactoring to be able to use the same
code in the shell scripts and in the JGit hook APIs. We're hoping to have
this done before we go on vacation, but I can give no guarantees.

Christian

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 23:44, Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas <rr.ro...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I must say you're lucky, Ed.
>
> If you asked for https push some while ago, the answer would be that you
> need SSH for writing to repositories...
>
> There has been work lately on providing push support over https, although
> it is not merged to master yet.
>
> Take a look at this recent discussion in this list:
>
> http://groups.google.com/**group/gitorious/browse_thread/**
> thread/8a35d92e6f86f7b5#<http://groups.google.com/group/gitorious/browse_thread/thread/8a35d92e6f86f7b5#>
>
> Good luck!
>
> Em 03-07-2011 12:46, ejs escreveu:
>
>  I've set up a gitorious server that is working locally. For our remote
>> offices, our firewall will only pass https, not SSH or git protocols.
>> I see that's it's possible to clone via http, and I'm currently
>> working on getting that working. If http<->  https is an issue we can
>> use a proxy to address that, so cloning should be covered. How about
>> push? Can that be done with only https? Are there any other git
>> operations that would not work solely via http/https?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --Ed
>>

> --

MVH