Hi All,

Pedro Kiefer solved this for me by posting this link
http://www.pedro.kiefer.com.br/2011/02/from-cvs-to-git-to-gitorious .
Cheers Pedro!

I will have a look at simplifying the script later to create
repositories from a list of repository names later, but for now I have
achieved what I was looking to do by using a very simple script to
create the repositories from a list of names and then importing the
bare repos to gitorious using Pedro's script.

Regards,
Craig