On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Jarrod Roberson
<jarrod.rober...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have memcached installed and it appears to be running.
> How do I tell if Gitorious is using it?

Jarrod,
Unless you changed this line in config/environments/production.rb:

    config.cache_store = :mem_cache_store, "localhost"

Gitorious will (try to) use Memcached on localhost; you may need to reload
the app (touch tmp/restart.txt) for Gitorious to try to connect, but I think
it will keep trying.

How Memcached is set up with regard to logging will depend on your distro, I
think Debian-based distros ship with a kind of quiet memcached, although you
may find something in the syslog or even /var/log/memcached.log). Just to
make sure it's being used, however, you could try:

- stop memcached, ie /etc/init.d/memcached stop
- start memcached manually with the -vv switch (Very Verbose, I suppose)
- watch your terminal while you connect to the server, it will print every
client command

Once you've verified that it works as expected, just Ctrl-C and start the
/etc/init.d one again.

Cheers,
- Marius