My Gitorious hung and when I restarted it, the database was corrupted.

I really like Gitorious but my experience with it has been hit or miss.

The git-poller script just stops working on a intermittent basis, when I
stop and restart it, the database is all out of whack sometimes.

memcached started complaining about keys being bigger than 1MB, that seems
to be causing problems as well.

There are a LOT of moving parts and they don't all seem to move together all
that well all the time.

I have a team over seas that relies on this server as well as locally so it
needs to be as stable as possible.
It is the only Ruby based thing in my development stack and it is the most
fragile as well.

Creating repositories is hit or miss, they seem to hang and corrupt the
database on a fairly un-predictable but regular basis.

Don't take this the wrong way, I really appreciate all the help from the you
guys and the online community in general.

I have the PickAxe book on the way ... just so I can support my team with
this software better, and maybe contribute back some.
There really isn't anything else available to compete with Gitorious. A
private install of GitHub won't give me the team and project management
features Gitorious has.

I hope I can not just be a complainer but maybe help make things more stable
if I can get up to speed on Ruby, it is about the only language I don't know
really well at this time.