Well apparently I really have no clue on the upgrade. The site will
not upgrade using git fetch as stated in the wiki for upgrade, says on
the merge does not point to commit.

So with that being said, I am trying to figure out a deployment
strategy for changes, etc to the website. I am thinking like the
following:

WebServer --> Gitorious Install

ClientMachine --> clone of Gitorious mainline
                                       |----> Branch of customized
code

So maintaining the code on the client machine I would like to push the
branch changes to the production WebServer, this is where I get all
jacked up. Can't seem to wrap my head around how to proceed with this
so that any change I make can be pushed up to the production
webserver.

Help for the newbie :-)

Thanks

Bill