Thank you for your response.

I have created another server with the current gitorious V.2.0 and was
curious is there a mechanism to pull over the repositories and
database from the older version. The upgrade just won't happen.

I am looking into your suggestion of the capistrano and a mirror of
the server. LOL, being new to some of this makes things interesting
and frustrating.

Thanks again

BIll