I've installed Gitorious on Ubuntu 10.10 following the instructions
found here: http://cjohansen.no/en/ruby/setting_up_gitorious_on_your_own_server

I can get to the Gitorious splash page, and navigate to the login
screen, but I cannot log in. After I enter the username and password
the behavior is very different depending on the browser I'm using.

In Chrome and Chromium I get a 500 internal server error. In FireFox
and Internet Explorer, I get taken back to the login screen, but with
no prompt as to why I couldn't log in.

If it matters, I'm accessing this Gitorious install via the machine's
IP address, but I have set gitorious_host in gitorious.yml to the IP
address.