On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Jon la Cour <j...@lacour.me> wrote:

> It seems to be all correctly formatted, here it is though.
> http://pastebin.com/Y72U0eFt

Jon,
I just added your file into my dev machine and tried triggering the error
you're seeing ("WARNING: Invalid request host..."). This is done by the
code

    if !GitoriousConfig.valid_request_host?(request.host)

...so I tried evaluating:

        GitoriousConfig.valid_request_host?("git.mydomain.com")

which evaluated to 0, which is truthy in Ruby. This means that if the
SessionsController receives a request where the host is in fact "
git.mydomain.com", the warning will not be logged with this gitorious.yml
file.

At this point it probably makes sense to simplify your stack to isolate the
error. Some ideas:

- run the app directly with Mongrel/Thin/Webrick (ie. `RAILS_ENV=production
script/server`)
- run the app without SSL
- run the app with either Nginx or Apache

For the non-SSL experiments, you'll need to disable the SSL requirement in
gitorious.yml, of course.

Cheers,
- Marius