On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Aleksej Nesterow
<aleks.neste...@gmail.com>wrote:

> OK, I did setup an A record on our name server for git.myserver.com
> and then deployed gitorious to Apache2 via Passenger. And now it
> works, at least, using SSH URL. I can clone and push back. This is
> great. But if anyone can advise me on local setup in my case, that
> would be really helpful too!

Aha, the issue here might be that your Gitorious server isn't able to
"connect to itself" to query for paths and permissions. It will try
connecting to the host specified as gitorious_client_host on port
gitorious_client_port to query for this - this happens on the server.

Your gitorious.yml resolves this to git.local:80 - so you need to be able to
get a response using that host/port *on the server*.

Cheers,
- Marius