On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM, PavelVDobryakov <pdobrya...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello, have faced this problem - after installing and launching
> gitorious does not work either clone push through http(s)
> git clone https://git-server....../tests/test.git
> Cloning into test...
> fatal: https://git-server......./tests/test.git/info/refs not found:
> did you run git update-server-info on the server?
>
> As far as I understand, this problem is quite popular, but the current
> discussions can not resolve it.
>
> apache2ctl -M |grep xsend
> Syntax OK
>  xsendfile_module (shared)
>
> here is apache2 config for ssl virtual host
> <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
> <VirtualHost _default_:443>..
>    ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
>    DocumentRoot /var/www/gitorious/public
>    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/gitorious-error.log
>    # Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error,
> crit,..
>    # alert, emerg...
>    LogLevel debug
>    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/gitorious-ssl_access.log combined
>    SSLEngine on
>    SSLCertificateFile    /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem..
>    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
>    BrowserMatch ".*MSIE.*" \  nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
> downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
>    <Directory /var/www/gitorious/public>..
> AllowOverride all..
> Options -MultiViews..
>    </Directory>.....
>    <IfModule mod_xsendfile.c>..
>        XSendFile on..
>        XSendFilePath /var/www/gitorious/tarballs
>    </IfModule>
>    </VirtualHost>..
> </IfModule>
>
> How can I solve this problem?

First of all, Gitorious currently requires the first part of the HTTP URL to
be "git" for Git-over-HTTP access. The UI should display the URLs that will
work with Git-over-HTTP, you may need to add a DNS entry for that name.

Next: the Git/HTTP implementation in Gitorious is pull-only. We're working
on a two-way solution, read this thread for more information:
http://groups.google.com/group/gitorious/browse_thread/thread/8a35d92e6f86f7b5/b5204c40d8a11cc0

Cheers,
- Marius