So the repository that was wedged (hung during create, which is why it was
dropped) was id 28:

mysql> delete from repositories where id=28;

Far as I could tell there was nothing else in there referencing that, but is
there a way to complete the rest of this related id being removed? What else
is linked into this id? I suspect one other table which is causing me issues
might be the 'favorites' table, where I do see a repository _id of 28. I
don't see any events with a project_id=28 in the events table; I did find a
committerships entry for repository_id=28 as well (though, nothing was
committed).

I have a db backup of before I removed the table entry, but I've had a few
project developers do commits and create new repos since then.  Is there
anything that you can suggest to finish pulling this out, or get it to a
state where gitorious can remove it? As mentioned, the git repo itself
wasn't created on the central server, so git knows nothing about it.