On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Sebastian August <
sebastain.augus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi I'm trying to do my first push to a repo in a private install of
> gitorious.
> I normally log into the host server with ssh without password using RSA
> private/public keys.
> But when I try to use RSA keys for gitorious, it fails to push to a new
> repo in the admin user.
>
> I do git push origin master and after some time get the error:

> On the server,
>
> tail -f /var/log/auth.log shows:
>
> sshd[2347]: Accepted publickey for git from my_server
>
> but
>
> tail -f log/gitorious_auth.log shows:
>
> FATAL -- : Errno::ETIMEDOUT Operation timed out - connect(2):
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:560:in `initialize'

Gitorious will connect to itself over HTTP to check permissions when you
try to push, this error message suggests this connection times out.
It will try connecting using to the host and port specified in
gitorious.yml as:

- gitorious_client_host
- gitorious_client_port

Make sure those are configured properly in the production section and that
your server indeed responds on that host and port.

Cheers,
- Marius