On May 24, 2:58 pm, Marius Mårnes Mathiesen
<marius.mathie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Jaykob <jrai...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to install gitorious on a Ubuntu 11.10 machine. I'm able to
> > successfully login locally.
> > However, when logging in over the internet (outside of the server's
> > LAN), I get the "Sorry, something went wrong message".
> > Because we have a shared internet connection, we can only use a
> > certain range of ports. We forwarded port 30000 to 80 for http and
> > 30001 to 443 for SSL.
> > Accessing the login page with my.server.com:30001 works, however the
> > login doesn't succeed as already described.
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> Your log (log/production.log) should contain more details than "Sorry,
> something went wrong". This error usually means that you're accessing the
> server using the IP address directly or using another hostname than is
> defined as gitorious_host in config/gitorious.yml.
>
> Cheers,
> - Marius

Unfortunately production.log is empty...
When setting the hostname to gitorious.local in the config file and
accessing the site inside the server's LAN through http://gitorious.local,
login works fine.
I'm pretty sure it is because of the different ports that the site is
accessed through from outside the LAN but I don't know how to fix this.