I have just installed my own deployment of Gitorious. It's a Debian Squeeze
box, hosted by Linode, 512MB of RAM and shared access to a quad-core 3GHz
Xeon. Running Ruby 1.8 and the latest rails. Only change I had to make from
the standard procedure was update Rots manually as bundle wasn't pulling it
from GitHub.

The problem I'm having is that it's slow to the point of being unusable.
There is nothing else running on the server except exim. I've tried from
both Chrome and Firefox and am seeing the issue with both, so I don't think
it's the browser.

When I first hit the homepage, whether already logged in or not, it takes a
genuine 5 seconds to load, with a 99-100% ruby1.8 process running. Browsing
speeds up after that, but when I try to, for example, add an SSH key or
configure teams, it hangs and doesn't respond. I have restarted the server
(and apache2) and these have reset the connection. I have also left it for
up to 5 minutes before giving up.

There is nothing good in log/production.log but a lot of
connect failed: Connection refused - connect(2) will retry in 5
in the apache error log

I have read
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/gitorious/2Y6wwE_V7Vc/nIfeAiW0IkQJ and
the stomp server seems to be installed and running

Can anyone point me to what might be wrong?