Howdy all,
I'm running a gitorious setup that auths against an ldap server and should
be creating accounts for new users who log in and correctly auth against
LDAP. This stopped working after a recent git update (careless of me, I
didn't note which revision I had before updating, but yes I did do all of
the update steps). As things stand, users with existing accounts can log in
fine, and when a new user types their password incorrectly they are told
"wrong password," but when a new user logs in correctly, they get sent to a
500 Internal Server Error page, and I get the following in my inbox:

A NoMethodError occurred in sessions#create:

  undefined method `size' for false:FalseClass
  [RAILS_ROOT]/lib/gitorious/authentication/ldap_authentication.rb:92:in
`auto_register'

-------------------------------
Request:
-------------------------------

  * URL       : https://dont-panic.gmu-srct.org/sessions
  * IP address: 192.5.215.250
  * Parameters: {"openid_url"=>"", "remember_me"=>"1", "action"=>"create",
"controller"=>"sessions", "email"=>"treffett", "password"=>"[FILTERED]",
"authenticity_token"=>"2+0/S86EVbkKJJRcv4ef7/PGB9FB44AM1vtrhjXOg/Q=",
"method"=>:get, "commit"=>"Log in"}
  * Rails root: /var/www/gitorious

Followed by a lot more stuff that I can post here if it's relevant.

As far as I can tell, the problem is in function auto_register, in the lines
        result = connection.search(:base => base_dn, :filter =>
username_filter(username),
          :attributes => attribute_mapping.keys, :return_result => true)
        if result.size > 0 << Line 92, where the error occurs
So it looks like result is not being defined correctly. Anyways, any input
on the error here would be most appreciated. Thanks!