On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Eugene Zheganin <zhega...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to connect gitorious to LDAP too. I have a working LDAP server
> running slapd.
>
> My gitorious config:
>
> production:
>   disable_default: true
>   methods:
>       - adapter: Gitorious::Authentication::LDAPAuthentication
>         host: 212.33.237.25
>         base_dn: ou=servers,ou=services,ou=enaza,dc=enaza,dc=ru
>         encryption: none
>         bind_username: uid=proxyagent,ou=accounts,ou=enaza,dc=enaza,dc=ru
>         bind_password: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>
> I'm getting the error:
>
> # RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec script/test_ldap_connection vpupkin
> XXXXXXX
> [...]
> NOTE: Gem::SourceIndex#add_spec is deprecated, use Specification.add_spec.
> It will be removed on or after 2011-11-01.
> Gem::SourceIndex#add_spec called from
> /usr/local/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:127.
> Not there yet.
> script/test_ldap_connection:23: private method `build_username' called for
> #<Gitorious::Authentication::LDAPAuthentication:0x2da8cc8> (NoMethodError)
>
> Am I doing something wrong ?

That error message really isn't too helpful, sorry about that. IIRC, the
current authenticated bind functionality in Gitorious isn't too good. I'm
currently working on a feature branch for LDAP authorization, and this will
bring proper authenticated bind functionality to Gitorious and may help
you. We will be merging that branch quite soon, but one thing you could do
is to check out the feature branch (features/ldap_authorization) and try it
from there.

Cheers,
- Marius