I've started pushing content to http://www.getgitorious.com/documentation now (the new official doc is very much a work in progress but we're gonna keep pushing content to it over the coming weeks and months).

The new branching model is present under http://getgitorious.com/documentation#sec-12-2. More to come on how to generally develop in the Gitorious codebase, we want to make it low threshold to properly add your own features and possibly merge upstream.

<http://getgitorious.com/documentation#sec-12-2>cheers,
Thomas