On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:10:57PM -0300, Federico Don wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I need your help please!
>
> I want to assign permission to administrator an any user in my private
> gitorious.
>
> To achieve this I did it as follows:
>
> Join in mysql
> mysql> show databases;
> mysql> use gitorious
> mysql> show tables;
> mysql> desc users;
> mysql> update users set is_admin = '1 'where login =' user ';
>
> By doing this, the user "user" can access the "Administration" section on
> the web.
>
> The problem is I can not assign permissions to other users in repositories
> with this "user".... What am I doing wrong?

I'm afraid there are limits to what you can achieve by flagging users
with this flag. This functionality does not let the user in question
do anything with any project/repository in Gitorious; it's primarily
meant for specific administrative tasks like user management.

We have discussed introducing support for "impersonating" other users
for admin users, but this work hasn't started yet.

Sorry,
- Marius