Had this same issue during our upgrades last week, but we also had the
following:

$ rake db:migrate

(in /var/www/vmubuntu09.tif.ti.com/gitorious)

==  AddSuspendedAtToProjects: migrating
=======================================

-- add_column(:projects, :suspended_at, :datetime, {:default=>nil})

rake aborted!

An error has occurred, all later migrations canceled:

Mysql::Error: Duplicate column name 'suspended_at': ALTER TABLE `projects`
ADD `suspended_at` datetime DEFAULT NULL

The work around was to ignore this specific patch, anyone else see this
issue.

$ mv db/migrate/20110223130355_add_suspended_at_to_projects.rb
db/migrate/.20110223130355_add_suspended_at_to_projects.rb.bak

-scott