Hello all,

I've been experimenting with the new ldap features that were released a few
months ago
(linkage<http://blog.gitorious.org/2012/10/25/ldap-authorization-lands-in-gitorious-mainline/>),

and have noticed some interesting things.

I fired up a new VM and installed the latest gitorious using the new
installer which worked fabulously.  My users can sign in with their AD
credentials successfully, a new user is generated for them, and everything
seems ok.  However, when I try to view any users profile, I am greeted with
the good old 'Sorry something went wrong' error 500 page.  The stack trace
in production.log reveals:

ActionView::TemplateError (Unable to connect to the LDAP server on
>> MY-AD-SERVER:636. Are you sure the LDAP server is running?) on line #140 of
>> app/views/users/show.html.erb:
>
> 137:           <li style="clear:left">
>
> 138:             <span style="float:left; padding: 2px 10px 2px 2px"><%=
>> image_tag(group.avatar.url(:thumb), :alt => "Avatar", :width => "16")
>> %></span> <%= link_to h(group.name), group_path(group) -%>
>
> 139:           </li><% end -%>
>
> 140:       </ul><% end unless Team.for_user(@user).blank? -%>
>
> 141:   </div>
>
> 142:   <div class="clear"></div>
>
> 143: </div>
>

>>     lib/gitorious/authorization/ldap/connection.rb:36:in `bind_as'
>
>     app/models/ldap_group.rb:121:in `ldap_group_names_for_user'
>
>     app/models/ldap_group.rb:224:in `groups_for_user'
>
>     app/models/finders/ldap_group_finder.rb:57:in `for_user'
>
>     app/models/team.rb:66:in `send'
>
>     app/models/team.rb:66:in `method_missing'
>
>     app/views/users/show.html.erb:140

 I know that the LDAP server is working, and users are able to sign in via
ldap auth just fine, I just can't view their profiles.  I get a similar
message when trying to add AD groups to the new Create Team dialog.

My authentication.yml looks like the following:

production:

>     #disable_default: true
>
>     methods:
>
>     - adapter: Gitorious::Authentication::LDAPAuthentication
>
>       host: MY-AD-SERVER.SAMPLE.COM
>
>       port: 636
>
>       encryption: simple_tls
>
>       base_dn: DC=SAMPLE,DC=COM
>
>       bind_username: BINDUSER
>
>       bind_password: HEYITSAPASSWORD
>
>       username_attribute: sAMAccountName
>
>       login_attribute: sAMAccountName
>
>       membership_attribute_name: memberof
>
>       members_attribute_name: member
>
>       distinguished_name_template: "{}@SAMPLE.COM"
>
>       attribute_mapping:
>
>       mail: email

and I do have use_ldap_authorization: true in the gitorious.yml
configuration file.

Should I be using a different (new) format to specify the bind credentials?

The sample shows

      # Specify a username/password to use for authenticated bind
      # NOTE: This is required when using LDAP for authorization
      #bind_user:
      #  username: boss
      #  password: sikret

Thanks for your help,