Hi,

have you tried running the installer multiple times in succession? The only
issue I can think of off the top of my head is that the mysql database may have
been attempted created multiple times, causing a mismatch in passwords.

Anyway, one thing you can try to use mysql to remove the gitorious_production
database then retry the installer.

Please let us know how it works out!

cheers,
-thomas