frankie.gua...@gmail.com writes:
> Hi. I just installed gitorious on Centos following this guide:
> http://getgitorious.com/installer
>
> It is up and running, but I can't find how to restart the gitorious daemon.
> I see it runs on nginx and I know how to restart it. But I can't find how
> to restart gitorious. I see no git-daemon in /etc/init.d/.
>
> How do I restart gitorious without rebooting the host ?

There should be a couple of scripts in /usr/bin:
- gitorious_status will report the status of all the associated services
- restart_gitorious will restart all the associated services

"Associated services" means the unicorn daemon, git-proxy, git-daemon,
thinking sphinx etc. It's our intention to abstract away the various
services Gitorious "consists" of behind these scripts.

I'm currently putting some work into a new project "gitorious-daemons",
which will be a kind of "super-daemon" which controls all the associated
services and handles starting, stopping, restarting and reloading
these. This is still a work in progress, and I'll post to this list once
it's ready for general use. If you're curious, I'm working on this
repository: https://gitorious.org/gitorious/gitorious-daemons

For now, restart_gitorious should do what you want.

Cheers,
- Marius