On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Ken Dreyer <ktdre...@ktdreyer.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Unfortunately the recent ThinkingSphinx bump in
> 0e162d083d4f005355b1320b2dad91688cb0c615 pushed us to a version of
> ThinkingSphinx that does not work on Ruby 1.8.7.

By the way, in order to avoid an being the complete stick in the mud
regarding Ruby 1.8.7 :-)  I've submitted the appropriate
simplecov-rcov bits so that we can get Gitorious to build on the Ruby
1.9 Jenkins build slave. Once that's merged, we'll have a lot more
test coverage on newer Ruby in addition to the 1.8.7 build slave.

I do understand the need to move on, and I know this gets harder and
harder. But it would be awesome if Gitorious 2.0.0 at least could
maintain basic Ruby 1.8.7 support.

[1] https://gitorious.org/gitorious/mainline/merge_requests/2259

- Ken