Greetings!

We are happy to announce the official Gitorious image
(https://gitorious.org/gitorious/gitorious-docker) for Docker
(http://www.docker.io/).

While Gitorious already has a "community installer" for installing it on CentOS
(and thus RedHat) compatible systems, and this works great in most cases, we
have received reports from people having installation issues as the Gitorious
stack consists of a lot of services that need to be configured properly.

To solve this we wanted to make the process as simple as possible for you by
providing a perfectly configured Gitorious image for Docker. This way you can
run Gitorious in an isolated container with native performance (thanks to LXC).

The image has been pushed to the public Docker registry as
"gitorious/gitorious" [1] and you can find the usage instructions in the README
file [2]. This image can be used on your Linux workstation, your Debian,
Ubuntu, Arch Linux and Gentoo servers and the only prerequisite is having
Docker itself installed.

If you don't want to install Docker/Gitorious on your system you can easily try
it in a Vagrant [3] virtual machine, and a working Vagrantfile is provided in
the gitorious-docker repository. You will need to use Vagrant if you want to
use it on a Mac.

[1] https://index.docker.io/u/gitorious/gitorious/
[2] https://gitorious.org/gitorious/gitorious-docker
[3] http://www.vagrantup.com/

Feedback is always welcome, and we hope you will love this as much as we do.