Dear members of GKD,

I have recently written my dissertation on the appropriate use of ICTs
in development.  I have gained much insight and material via this list
and the digopp spinoff from it.  I would like to thank you all very much
and excourage you all to continue.

My report is an overview of how ICTs should be applied to meeting basic
needs, and is based on Frierian notions of empowerment.  It takes a
"multi-media" approach in the original sense.  Please have a look, it is
mainly an overview, but hopefully clarifies a few things.

It can be found at :

http://www.btinternet.com/~daniel.taghioff/index.html

Sorry to be a self publicist, but I'd rather my efforts were of some use
to others rather than merely an academic exercise.

Daniel Taghioff