Dear Khan and GKD members

I represent FOOD India, a 20-year-old non-profit organization based in
India conducting research on social development and implementing welfare
programs in the field of cost effective housing, electronic NGO networking,
employment generation, energy conservation, education, health,
environmental sanitation, poverty alleviation, E-commerce, ICTs,
institutional and capacity building for women.

To know more about us please visit http://www.xlweb.com

Although this is my fist appearance on the GKD conference I am reading
every day the postings and updating my knowledge on ICT.

We have made a small attempt in developing a E-Governance interactive site
which is online. Please visit http://www.xlweb.com/tnudp

This site is established mainly to monitor an Integrated Sanitation
Program implemented in 102 municipalities which is a GO, NGO and world
bank partnership Initiative.

One of the hidden features of the program is that if the local body does
not update the data at the stipulated time the server will automatically
generate reminder letters until the data are updated

Presently it is password protected and it will be opened for public shortly.

I wish to keep the password open for GKD member for one week for their
comments.

Progress reporting - name: Madurai
Password                         : Madurai

View progress       Admin
Password               Admin

Due to over whelming encouragement from all sectors we are now developing a
tool kit to enable the local govt to update and monitor all their
activities and make it available on the Internet as well as on computers
with touch screen placed at focal points.

Regards

Loyola