John Lawrence wrote:

> Particularly interesting is the effort to understand the differences in
> perceptual organization, and therefore knowledge 'management' at the
> most fundamental levels. Can I ask, have you considered the implications
> for possible education system applications, and e-learning approaches?

The School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London is
running an MA and PhD research programme on the Anthropology of Media,
aimed at precisely these sorts of issues. I am enrolled on this
programm for entry 2003, and having read the course materials I can
vouch for its relevance.

http://www2.soas.ac.uk/AnthSoc/MACourses/maanthmed.html

A programme I have no direct experience of but one that seems very
interesting is one at the Institute of Learning Technologies, Columbia
University. They seem to be doing in-depth research on the implications
of ICT for education.  As an educator (Well a TEFL teacher at least) and
someone in this discussion, I can say that the integration of these two
areas of inquiry in a "field" setting is probably key to "development as
capacity building."

http://www.ilt.columbia.edu/about/index.html

Does anyone know of any programmes or institutions similar to these two?
Perhaps we should start a training and resources links site for our
particular field of interest, do any already exist?

Daniel Taghioff