Dear GKD Members,

I just finished writing a paper entitled, "Product Placements in
Learning Environments: From Keystone-Mast to Microsoft"  a sort of
history of technology companies making donations to schools, tech
centers, and telecenters.  It begins in the 1920's and concludes with a
new initiative by Microsoft in developing countries.  As someone who has
been engaged in these types of donations I thought this would be a good
time to reflect on the trade-offs and expectations about this kind of
corporate giving and whether you should be suspicious of geeks bearing
gifts.

http://eduaction.net/productplacement.html

Best regards,

Steve Cisler