Dear Colleagues,

I follow with interest the marvellous initiatives undertaken by Kabissa
and other organisations. However, I feel increasingly anxious that there
is virtually nowhere that Portuguese-speaking African organisations can
turn to for this kind of valuable support.

I do a lot of work in Angola and I feel the frustration of people there
when the language isolation factor prevents them from fully
participating in events in the region.

I was wondering if Kabissa/ GKD would consider hosting a
Training-of-Trainers Programme for the PALOP (Portuguese-Language
African Countries: Angola, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, Cape Verde Islands
and Sao Tome & Principe). At the very least, what would be the
possibility of slowly starting to put together the training kits and
peripheral material necessary for training events or for self-learning?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rui Correia

On June 21, 2004, Tobias Eigen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have been following the recent discussions with great interest, and
> hope this announcement regarding Kabissa's efforts to develop a network
> of training partners in Africa will be of interest. Please spread the
> word, and get in touch with us if you are interested in participating.

..snip...