Dear Colleagues:

You might find a paper of mine of interest. It is titled, "High Tech to
the Rescue?" ... and can be found on my website:
<www.management.uottawa.ca/miller>. There is a short summary and two
papers on this theme, one of which sets out the proposed approach for an
international initiative and another that pertains to Africa that was
prepared for a SADC conference in Capetown.

Morris Miller

On July 7, 2004, "Karen Higgs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Discussion papers on the sticky issues of financing ICT initiatives in
> developing countries and internet governance feed new WSIS phase
>
> June 24 2004 -- The second phase of the World Summit on the Information
> Society (WSIS) - the first-ever UN conference on information and
> communication - has started. Delegates are meeting in Hammamet, Tunisia
> in the first 'prepcom' of phase two, and APC is amongst them. As input
> to the debate of the issues that were most contentious during the first
> stage of WSIS - internet governance and the financing for ICT initiatives
> in developing countries - APC has commissioned discussion papers written
> by civil society experts in the areas. You can download the papers from
> the APC site. - APCNews

..snip...