Thanks for checking Brian, I missed that. It's interesting to me that this
didn't give any errors in previous uploads. I can simply use the link you
suggested and then there is no problem. So... excellent :).

So here is the issue that I feared would happen:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:100ste_RAI-514047.ogv was already
uploaded,
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:100ste_RAI-514047.webm is a new
file but is essentially the same item, except it's a higher res. Webm.
Having both of these files seems to me less than ideal. But loosing the
added categories and (potentially) improved metadata would be a great loss.
This might be the case for quite a number of our future uploads so I would
like to hear your thoughts on how to deal with this.

Cheers,
Jesse