Right-o. We've batch converted the images to JPG and are very happy with the
resulting quality so will likely post those instead of the TIFFs because we
want to make absolutely certain they work with the media player and can be
scaled and downloaded at different resolutions. In fact on reflection, the
TIFFs were so huge that we're not even sure they would be that usable for the
average person, they crash the simple image viewers on our own PC's, and if the
only option to view them in the commons is by download (ie they aren't able to
be scaled and downloaded at different res in the viewer) they won't be much use
to the greatest number of folks. We also would love for them to populate
articles if possible so I think JPG is the most practical way to go for this
batch. Though I certainly take Fae's point from last year around not shying
away from a challenge and opportunity to fix something, I'm sure there will be
more opportunities for that with future BL batches!

Thanks everyone for the feedback/convo!

Nora
British Library
@ndalyrose