Frank

> Would it be asking too much to have Ross Paterson's syntax
> (or something close) for John Hughes' arrows implemented in
> GHC 4.02? I'm dying to fool around with it.

It's not a trivial matter.  It involves

        - the parser (tiresome)
        - the renamer (easy)
        - the type checker (need type rules for the new stuff)
        - the desugarer (translate to core language)

We're quite busy just now, so I doubt we'll do much on this
soon, unless lots of people turn out to want it.  On the other hand,
you could have a go yourself...

I havn't studied the arrow stuff to know whether one could
do it as a generalisation of comprehensions which is how both
do notation and list comps are dealt with just now.