I don't know whether this is me or ghc, but I am getting something that I
consider wierd happening when trying to compile a program.

The program executes correctly when interpreted by Hugs, but when I attempt
to compile it with ghc I get the following error message -

trial.lhs:12: Variable not in scope: `isDigit'

trial.lhs:12: Variable not in scope: `readDec'

trial.lhs:14: Variable not in scope: `isDigit'

trial.lhs:14: Variable not in scope: `readDec'

trial.lhs:49: Variable not in scope: `isAscii'

Compilation had errors

This confuses me as I thought that the above functions were in the standard
prelude.  One explaination could be that they are not in the ghc prelude,
and the program does compile if I copy and paste the code for these
functions out of the Hugs Prelude.hs file.  But this is an ugly way to get
it to work.

Does anyone know if these functions are or are not in the ghc standard
prelude?  And if so why does this compilation not succeed? (What am I doing
wrong??)

Thanks,

    Dion.
====
"For I perceive that behind this seemingly unrelated sequence of events,
there lurks a singular, sinister attitude of mind."

"Whose?"

"MINE! HA-HA!"