Hello!

On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 01:23:49AM +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> > Has anyone already got Fudgets to compile with GHC?

> Yes, a few weeks ago made the neccessary changes to the fudgets library for
> Haskell 98 compatibility and updated the low level stuff (Xlib interface,
> etc) written to work with GHC 2.01, so that it now works with GHC 4.02. I'll try
> to put the sources on our ftp site [1] in a couple of days.

Thanks for your answer. I'll stay tuned :-)

> [...]

> > And the circularly imported interfaces seemed very big, so it was
> > much too tedious to write .hi-boot files from scratch.

> These files are created automatically by the supplied make scripts.

Exactly how are the .hi-boot files generated, if I may ask?

> The fudget
> library comes with ghcmake, which is a frontend to hbcmake, which is normally
> distributed with HBC, but you can also get it separately from our ftp site [1].

In source form compilable with a C/C++/Haskell compiler? :-)
Doesn't look so, seems I need a running lmlc for that.

Somehow I'd like to set up some Makefiles to compile Fudgets with
GHC and without having to bootstrap another Haskell (and LML) system
on my arch :-)

The only problem in setting them up was generating those .hi-boot
files to resolve those recursive imports.

> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

> References
> [1] http://www.cs.chalmers.se/pub/haskell/chalmers/