On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 03:39:45 -0700, Simon Marlow wrote:
> I just got around to looking into why gcc 2.8.1 and egcs don't work with GHC
> on the sparc.  Rather embarassingly, it turned out to be not only our fault
> but a single-line fix :-|  Below is a patch against the latest sources,
> which I've tested with both gcc 2.8.1 and egcs 1.1.2 (released version).

Did this work for someone for ghc-4.02? I tried it (yes,
fptools/driver/ghc-asm.l?prl both do contain this line in the
solaris2-section...)

Nevertheless, ghc/driver/ghc BUS ERRORs... :-(

Configuration:
Solaris 2.7
gcc 2.8.1
ghc 4.01 pl 0 (binary version)
ghc-4.02-src.tar.gz

BTW: I also made this uahalf/uaword-change change in the binary-ghc's (4.01)
     ghc-asm.prl, just to be sure...

Did I miss something?

Cheers,
Michael
--
Never buy anything that mentions Windows on the package.
Except sheets of glass.  Or plastic.  And that smelly blue