Hello!

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 05:48:30AM -0700, Simon Marlow wrote:
> [...]

>       - gcc 2.95 compatibility

What's that specifically?

I ask, because I'm using OpenBSD, and am usually bootstrapping
new versions with an old 3.02 installation, because of the
occasional problems with compiling ghc with a *slightly* older
ghc (when some functions change at a time when the version number
does NOT change, so the version feature checks are inaccurate --
which has bitten me more than once).

So, I should look if I can backport the ghc 2.95 compatibility
easily, or if I have to change my procedure somewhat, as OpenBSD-current
has changed from 2.81 (which works fine with ghc on i386) to 2.95.1.

> [...]

Regards, Hannah.