I asked recently on the redirecting  .o, .hi  files.
The problem was in duplicating the file name list in Makefile.

Marc van Dongen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  suggested to apply  sed
to Makefile.

Simon Marlow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes

> -odir <blah>  is supposed to work, I think.

It does half of the job. I need the .hi files to go to <blah> too.
And except using sed, the only way i found to arrange this is to set

  compilationKeys =  -iblah  -odir blah  $($*_flags) ...

*and* add to Makefile 60 lines of kind
  source/Categs_flags      = -ohi $(E)/Categs.hi
  source/auxil/Set__flags  = -ohi $(E)/Set_.hi
These 60 lines almost duplicate the lines of Makefile where the files
are listed subjected to the rule  .hs -> .o

The question was what is the most natural way to avoid this
duplication.

Sergey Mechveliani
[EMAIL PROTECTED]