> OK wise guys, now you've changed (incompatibly) the format of
> .hi files,
> how can I rewrite these pre-404 hi-boot files so that they
> work for 404?
> Can you summarise the changes?

The main change recently was to remove the use of '!' instead of '.' to
indicate that a particular identifier should be snaffled from anohter
.hi-boot file instead of an .hi file.  The compiler now figures this out for
itself.  So, just change any plings to dots and you should be ok.

BTW, there's an "interface file version number" which is currently at 5.
You can make your .hi-boot files version specific by calling them .hi-boot-5
or whatever.  We use this trick in the compiler so we can stay compatible
with ghc 3.02.