> Well I have.  The attached module (TimeExts, based on Time)
> is supposed to provide ways of adding
> and subtracting times in a general way.  There is also a test program,
> TestTimeExts.hs.

Cool!  The test program works with our current sources (no deadlock), so it
must be a bug that's been fixed recently.

I'll pull the library into our new library tree, under hslibs/lang.  Here's
the outstanding issues I can see:

   - Do you want to put a copyright notice on it, George?

   - We need some documentation.  Just the module interface
     plus a few notes on its use is a good start, along the
     lines of the GHC/Hugs ext library docs.  We're moving
     all our documentation to DocBook, and we'll have a
     consistent documentation story for the library tree soon.

   - It'd be nice if TimeExts provided a *replacement* for Time,
     exporting an interface which would form the basis of a
     proposal for Haskell 2's Time library.  No hurry :-)